As much fun as Instagram is for sharing photos and seeing numerous great images, it’s also a very powerful tool for businesses. Now that Instagram has over 300 million monthly users, many businesses are finding ways to interact with the Instagram community to increase the amount of traffic coming in to their websites.
Instagram helps to produce a content strategy, branded hashtags, a mobile storefront, and can even track all of your hard work and effort. Promoting your website on Instagram is a simple and effective tactic.
Add a Website Link to your Bio
- The most common way to lead Instagram followers to your website is to use the “link in bio” tactic.
- Instagram lets you include one clickable link in your bio, so make sure you use it effectively.
Place a Call to Action on Images
- Design Instagram photos that can convert. You can layer a call to action and your website URL directly onto visually appealing photos.
Include a URL in videos
- Instagram video brings digital storytelling to life and can increase the chances of website visibility.
- Videos are fast, fun and engaging, making viewers want to learn more.
- Videos on Instagram generate 3 times more inbound links than image posts.
- One of the best ways to generate exposure and more engagement is to use hashtags on Instagram.
- Create hashtags relevant to your business or website.
- Use 5 to 10 per post and mix in a variety of popular hashtags as well as less popular hashtags.
Invest in Instagram Ads
- You can target the right audience demographic through people’s interests.
- Clickable links in Instagram ads give you an opportunity not only to be imaginative, but also let your followers learn more about your business and multi-media campaigns.
- There are three types of sponsored Instagram ads: image, video and carousel.
- With an ad spend alongside your Instagram strategy; you are likely to see an increase in website visits and potential conversions.
Leverage the Reach of Influencers
Sometimes you need a little extra push to build awareness and extend your reach. By working with influential public figures in the Instagram community, you can strengthen your message.
- When you connect with influencers in your niche industry you can capture even more followers’ attention, since influencers are recognizable and trusted.
- When working with influencers, make sure they use effective calls to action to send their followers to your website.
Instagram is one of the fastest growing social media platforms and enables visual marketing that generates high quality leads. Instagram provides a wide variety of aspects, such as the ability to learn about follower data, drive revenue, increase brand awareness, and uses clickable links to promote and drive traffic websites.